Wednesday 3 January 2018

Junk Journal

I have just finished my first project for 2018.  A junk journal using First Editions Wanderlust paper pad.  I have lots of off cuts from other projects and need to get them used up, so there will be many more to come.


The base of the book was a cereal box covered with black card.  Size is approx. 6.5"x 6.5" with a spine of 3".


To keep the book close I used tiny clips with a chain and charms to link them together and added bows from crinkled seam binding.


The back I left plain.


I covered the spine with a couple of layers of wide lace to cover where I stitched in the signatures.  Dcorated with one of my handmade embellishments.








Through out the book I have added decorated with handmade paperclip embellishments.



I also die cut lots of individual journal cards to add extra options for extra journaling or photo mats.





This became quite a chunky journal with seven signatures.






With some of the scraps I made pockets using cut down mini envelopes.


For products used in this project pop over to my Facebook group Jo's Crafty Pad.


Happy Crafting Everyone

Jo xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment