Monday 31 July 2017

Water Colouring Weekend

Finally this weekend I managed to try something that has been on my list for ages.  Everyone has been putting up videos and talking about water colouring with Crayola markers and I desperately wanted to have a go, but never found the time. Until now!!

I was amazed how easy they were to use, just using an acrylic block, rubbing some of the pigments onto it and picking up with a wet brush, the pack even had a perfect skin tone and how we search for the right combination in paint, alcohol inks or any medium?  It's so difficult to get it right, but no hassle with this.  I am converted.  I didn't have to struggle with mixing and blending, I just slapped it on and had great fun.

Here are a couple of cards I managed to finish.

Using the techniques I learnt from using alcohol markers for the hair, I just laid a light wash of base colour first, then with a little less water, picked up the same colour to show darker strands of hair.  For the rest of the image, which is quite small I didn't bother with shading and it seemed to work well.

Thought I would try black hair as I always struggle with this, In my pack of markers I had a grey and a black so I put down the grey first and then the black strands on top.  It passes I suppose, but still needs a bit of practise on this one.

This little girl I painted first and I was so pleased with her that it spurred me on to do the others.  I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  Why don't you give it a try, it beats paying out for all those expensive paints and markers that we are all tempted to collect

Have fun
Jo xxx

For the stamps and papers used in these cards, pop over to Jo Price Designs where you will find these and lots more crafty products available at reasonable prices.




No comments:

Post a Comment