Thursday, 5 January 2012

Happy New Year!

Well I'm finally back to it after the break and I hope everyone has enjoyed the holiday season and looking forward to a great 2012, I know I am. Here's to lots of new crafty projects and trying to finish some that have been put to one side for a while.

I did however start two new projects over the holidays. The first was out of necessity and the second was just because I wanted to have a go. Both are messy projects but I had a ball getting all inky and gluey.

Project No 1

For sometime now I have, at the end of a project just whooshed all my little flowers and die-cut left overs into an old take-away tub and shoved them onto a shelf out the way, but I wanted something that looked more me and in keeping with what I do, so I have set about to change all my containers (big project I know, but you have to have a go). I made a little drawer easel card a while back with chocolates in and that's what gave me the idea.

I have used torn pages from an old novel and decoupaged them to the outside, when dry I used my distress inks and aged the paper. A screw head brad was used for a handle and small die-cuts in gold mirri rubbed over with sandpaper to give extra detail.

I have made three in total and they sit on my shelf above my work area and computer. I can easily make more and keep adding to them, well that's the idea anyway.

Project 2

Well this started out as one idea and now is another.... oh well artistic licence I suppose.
Yet another thing that I have been watching out there are the art journals and junk journals, so that was what I started out doing.

A while ago I found in a charity shop this ring bound A4 notebook, thinking it would make a good journal.

This is the back cover. In my eagerness to get started I forgot to take before photos, but I think you get the idea.

The cover has been created using the same technique as the drawers. I've been playing around with the Spellbinders flower dies and made several different types and sizes. I stamped one of the Tim Holtz sayings onto a die cut shape and grunged it to match the rest.

Now here is the change. I new once I had filled this book it would be very full, so I just needed to take out a few pages to make space, then I had the idea of cutting the pages down and using them to create the pages to another book. After taking out quite a few I just kept going and then another idea struck me, I could make this a free standing picture. I would do another design on the back but in landscape and when I wanted a change I would just turn it over.

I think I may be mad, but who cares I am having lots of fun and it's something I can work on inbetween other things. I will keep you posted just in case I come up with yet another idea for this project.

I hope this may inspire you to just have a go this year and bye the way have a good one everybody.

Jo xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment